Nutritious Eating Helps Preschoolers Learn!
July's Nutritious Breakfast Recipe
- 2 kiwis, peeled and diced
- 2 Golden Delicious apples - peeled, cored and diced
- 8 ounces raspberries
- 1 pound strawberries
- Strawberries Organic 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons fruit preserves, any flavor
- 10 (10 inch) flour tortillasMission Flour Tortillas
butter flavored cooking spray
- 2 tablespoons cinnamon sugar
- Add all ingredients to list
- Prep 15 m. Cook 10 m Ready In 45 m
- In a large bowl, thoroughly mix kiwis, Golden Delicious apples, raspberries, strawberries, white sugar, brown sugar and fruit preserves. Cover and chill in the refrigerator at least 15 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Coat one side of each flour tortilla with butter flavored cooking spray. Cut into wedges and arrange in a single layer on a large baking sheet. Sprinkle wedges with desired amount of cinnamon sugar. Spray again with cooking spray.
- Bake in the preheated oven 8 to 10 minutes. Repeat with any remaining tortilla wedges. Allow to cool approximately 15 minutes. Serve with chilled fruit mixture.
- Aluminum foil can be used to keep food moist, cook it evenly, and make clean-up easier.
- griddle pan to medium-high.
- In medium bowl, combine flour, sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- In small bowl, whisk together buttermilk, egg and butter. Add to flour mixture. Stir until combined, do not over stir.
- Place two strips bacon together every 4 inches apart on greased griddle. Ladle ¼ to ⅓ cup mixture over bacon to form long pancakes.
- Cook 2 minutes or until bubbles appear over surface of pancakes.
- Flip and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer or until golden brown.Always cook to well-done, 165°F as measured by a meat thermometer.
- Serve with yogurt, maple syrup and fruit, if desired.